Saturday, November 23, 2013

3 Beautiful Things

  • My favourite way to start the day; morning coffee sitting outside in the sunshine. Winter here is my favorite season, with more clear days and blue skies than in the summer.
  •  "I've brought you lunch," says a kind parent of a girl I tutor for an hour on Saturdays; dropping off soup, steak, potatoes and mushrooms stuffed with spinach.  That's dinner sorted too!
  • Words from my friend Tania that touched my heart more than I can express. Today I was asked to be Godmother to little Polly. I feel truly honoured and I am going to bed feeling happy and blessed.

8 comments:

  1. It's always amazing when someone is gracious enough to offer food! :)

    I've been looking at your blog today after coming across it.. your adventure looks amazing. The safari photos look like they cannot be real they are so impressive. You are definitely living an experience!

    My husband and I are living in the Caribbean and I relate so much to bringing a year supply of things that are necessary/impossible to find with on the trip- we've done this. We've been able to avoid buying super expensive not so appropriate shampoo, body soaps, laundry detergent, etc. here. It's really been very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving a comment, Tammy.ife in Africa was full if adventures...it is much quieter now in the desert!and easier too...there is something boring about being able to buy anything at any time!

      Delete
  2. I love this and the idea of recognizing the beauty around us.. especially in situations like those you mentioned above. There are so many great things that happen in a day that can pass right by us if we let them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to write 3BTs with my class all the time and here on the blog...I need to do it more!

      Delete
  3. On a dreary winter day, these three beautiful things made me smile. How exciting to be a godmother! Polly is an adorable name. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They made me smile too, lots! Yes, I love the name Polly.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment-it is always nice to hear from you!