Thursday, December 1, 2011

the modern way of getting to know people

I met an interesting lady recently. I chatted to her about books we had read and were reading. ( She was reading a book I had chosen for my book-club meeting last year. The author was a friend of hers)We talked of life in Nairobi versus that to in the UK. I don't know this lady, but I enjoyed her company and enjoyed getting to know her.

A friend then asked if I knew 'who' she was. Apparently I should have, so she thought.

So then I went home and spent a good hour or so reading about this lady on the Internet.

I felt like I was intruding. (But I didn't turn off the computer..!) She didn't tell me these stories about herself, or her family, but they are there for everybody to read.

Strange, right?

PS-
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment-it is always nice to hear from you!