Thursday, November 25, 2010

A bit ill.

I've not been very well this week. It has been coming and going in waves.  I was fine, on top of the world, then all of a sudden..WHAM!

 Infact I am rather sick...home sick!

This is funny, as last week, as I watched the lads thrash the Boks at Murrayfield, I saw the rain..!! I actually can't remember the last time I was soaked by rain like that. Here, we have tropical warm rain, it comes straight down, and usually is over in less than an hour (unless you're camping Tania, that is one of the rules!!!)none of this special sideways-drenching-drizzle that is a speciality in Scotland. I didn't miss Scotland then.

It is Thanksgiving today and although I am not American (did you guess that?) it is a tradition that I like; anything involving turkey, a day off work and lots of wine is alright by me! So in class we talked about what we were thankful for.
I have many.

But this week I can still be homesick.

The ceilidh band have arrived in Kampala for the Caledonian ball on Saturday- so tonight they are having a warm-up session at a local bar.
I am starting to feel better already!


Whilst running at home


Edinburgh

You take the high road...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment-it is always nice to hear from you!